1. Toyota 86 2019: Brief Overview
Thanks to the joint efforts of Japanese giants Subaru and Toyota, the first generation Toyota 86 had its great debut last 2012. This also marks the great comeback of the lightweight and economically friendly RWD coupe.
The first generation Toyota 86 had its great debut last 2012
The Toyota 86 surely made a huge and positive impression to car enthusiasts here in the Philippines. With its wider grille and revamped bumper, reshaped taillights, newly added fog lamps and a capacitive touchscreen component with a smartphone mirror link through a WIFI purpose, this car is a good investment for many.
Toyota 86 surely made a huge and positive impression to car enthusiasts in the Philippines
It is just not nice to look from the inside out, but what’s inside the hood is pretty remarkable too. It has a Subaru-derived, high revving 2.0-liter naturally pronounced 4-cylinder boxer engine capable of producing 197 horsepower and a torque of 205 Nm complementing Toyota’s performance driver D4-S fuel injection system.
Interested 86 owners have the option of either a 6-speed manual transmission or the automatic one depending on their needs and preferences.
It has a Subaru-derived, high revving 2.0-liter naturally pronounced 4-cylinder boxer engine
2. Toyota 86 Philippines Price
- Toyota 86 2.0 MT for ₱1,993,000. Interested buyers who want this variant in White Pearl needs to shell out ₱2,008,000.00.
- Toyota 86 2.0 AT for ₱2,093,000. This variant can also be bought in White Pearl with a price of ₱2,109,000.
3. Toyota 86 Philippines Pros
- Perfect Sports Car – the 86 is an ideal choice for amateurs when it comes to sports cars. It doesn’t intimidate, and its horsepower engine delivers just the exact amount of zest. Experts might want more than the speed that the car can offer, but when tested in the track, it can be really competitive clocking to a 0-60 time of 6.7 seconds. Newbies would surely get the adrenaline kick.
- Economically Friendly – a big favorite of beginners, the value for this car is hard to pass up. One will get a sports car with an eight-speaker sound system complete with an HD radio, LED headlights, and a 7.0-inch touch screen display. The powertrain covered by Toyota is 60,000 miles. Aside from the features, the 86 is also inexpensive to operate, and its excellent fuel economy also makes it very budget-friendly.
- Reliable Brakes – regardless when you are out on the street or taking laps and owning the tracks, strong brakes is always a prerequisite, and the Toyota 86 takes pride to its strong brakes. During emergencies, feel secure with the reliable stopping mechanism of this coupe.
The 86 is an ideal choice for amateurs when it comes to sports cars
4. Toyota 86 Philippines Cons
- AT detriments performance – the automatic transmission of the 86 is geared in conserving energy so as a result even if it is a smooth spread, the return will be below par.
- Lack of space – definitely the back seat is pretty cramped. It is more likely to be used as a cargo shelf than to squeeze in some small kids there. This might be a downer for drivers with kids.
- Car technology needs – the Toyota 86 doesn’t have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, which is somewhat disappointing as these applications have become a staple to car technologies. True that the 86’s infotainment system can be paired via Bluetooth and there is also the presence of a USB, other mobile apps won’t be available to be taken advantage of.
Overall, the Toyota 86 gives good competition and for an in-depth evaluation, visit our Toyota expert car Review section.